Incentives and Rebates
Orange County REMC offers member incentive programs which include payments to members who purchase qualifying equipment. These program payments will assist members in buying more efficient equipment to save money over the life of their purchase. Incentive payments will only apply to equipment installed and operating in the 2019 calendar year in homes or structures connected to Orange County REMC. Interpretation of qualifying equipment and installations is at the sole discretion of Orange County REMC.
To promote and support system-wide deployment of Hoosier Energy’s Energy Management Program all member discounts or rebate payments for water heaters or HVAC systems (except for Heat pump (hybrid) water heaters and geothermal) require installation of an Energy Management switch as a qualification to receive the benefit.
Details of the progam are listed on the incentive payment request form (PDF).
NOTE: To use your computer to type in the fields of this form,1.) click on the link, 2.) save the form to your computer and 3.) complete the form with all the correct information 4.) click the "Submit Rebate Application" button on the last page of the document. This will allow you to email the form back to Orange County REMC.
You may also just print off the form, fill in the info by hand, and return it to the REMC.
Please also download and read the Terms of Conditions (PDF) for the program.
Please compete all the requested information, sign it and submit it with the proper documentation.
A short summary of the 2019 programs is listed below, but you will need to download the rebate request form to get all the details and conditions for each rebate. Contact the Orange County REMC office for more information, or if you have trouble downloading the payment request forms. Email us, or call (812) 865-2229 or toll free (888) 337-5900.
Deadline for 2019 Rebates is December 15, 2019.
Rebates are for permanent residences only, which are occupied year-round (12 months).
Congress recently reinstated federal tax credits of up to 30 percent for residential geothermal heat pump installations. These tax credits are retroactive to Jan. 1, 2017 and extended to Jan. 1, 2022.
- New Construction or Replacing Gas FREE (Orange County REMC will provide a FREE 40 or 50 gallon electric resistance water heater. Member only pays sales tax.)
- $150 Rebate if purchased elsewhere. Documentation for proof of purchase required.
- Heat pump or hybrid water heaters: $500
- Minimum 40 Gallon
- Recommend Tier 2 or higher rating on NEEA’s Advanced Water Heater qualified products for northern climates -- neea.org/advancedwaterheaterspec
Click here for water heater prices from Orange County REMC
*Mobile/Manufactured Homes are defined as:
- Factory assembled; Transportable; Designed for transportation on own chassis; Can be placed on temporary or permanent foundation; Intended for year-round occupancy
- Note: Modular homes do not meet these requirements. Modular homes are considered residential single family homes.